Carpenter by Trade
How it works
- Carpenter by Trade
- Master Builders SA – HiViZ Women Building SA – Outstanding Woman in Construction winner of 2022
- Lecturer of Construction Management at the UniSA
- MATES in Construction champion & ASIST trained
Hi there – I am Anna!
Thanks for visiting my page – I look forward to connecting with you and showing you via ShowMe!
I am proudly South Australian and grew up in the beautiful Clare Valley. As a kid, living in the countryside in a family with five other siblings taught me a lot – mostly about being patient! Dad was a mechanic, so I learnt the ins and outs of ‘how things work’ from an early age. Growing up, we were always tinkering and helping on the property – between school and chores, there was a lot of practical learning from farm cars, motorbikes, land yachts and the list goes on.
At 16, I ventured to the “big smoke”, Adelaide to start a pre-apprenticeship course with TAFE SA. In 1993, I was the first female carpenter joiner with the Master Builders SA. Learning has been a significant theme in my life, which started at an early age and ultimately led me to academia teaching in later years.
Early in my career, I got exposure to residential and commercial building. I opened my own maintenance company for a couple of years, eventually transitioning back to a larger company responsible for the maintenance of large clients across the Adelaide CBD. Ultimately following time in commercial building projects and as an Estimator, my journey led me to TAFE SA, where I taught Apprentice and pre-apprentice students. It was a full circle, and I immensely enjoyed imparting knowledge and giving students every opportunity to be the best version of themselves.
Currently, I am a Lecturer in Construction Management at the University of South Australia and am actively involved in the industry across several associations. I am passionate about mental health and well-being and am a Champion for MATES various programs.
Learning and knowledge sharing have been a central theme across my career, and it continues across many facets of my life – ShowMe Exchange included! I love that I can work with people in the community and provide guidance and advice.
I can help you with:
- DIY projects such as garden shed assembly and pet enclosures
- Fixing squeaky door handles and locks
- Upgrading household fixtures
- Hanging pictures and installing shelving
- Advice on updating and cleaning up the garden and outside areas
- General home improvements
- Window tinting
- Home project estimation and general project advice
- Kitchen flat-pack installation
- Updating and decking out caravans and trailers
There is always more than one way to fix a problem. Let me show you!