Owner of DERMET Services
How it works
- Owner of DERMET Services
- Handyman and Coolroom Panel Solutions Specialist
- Master Builders SA member
- Builders Licence #325128
Dervish is the founder of DERMET Services and lives in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia, with his family. Growing up in Italy, he spent his early years helping his dad with landscaping and gardening beautiful villas in the South of Italy, which taught him to have a good eye for design and transform gardens. In Italy, Dervish was an electrician by trade and worked for several construction companies as an electrical technician, carpenter, and handyman. He discovered his passion for building houses after helping his uncle rebuild the city of Aquila in Abruzzo, Italy, which was impacted by a terrible earthquake with magnitude 6.9 in 2009. This experience grew in Dervish a passion and sense of responsibility to build things right, strong, and durable. Now, he is dedicated to helping people build the right way, by finding the most efficient, cost-effective, and reliable way to build, regardless of the project size.
In Adelaide, Dervish worked for many years as a carpenter for a Coolroom Panel Solutions Construction business and has recently started his own business providing handyman services for residential and commercial buildings, as well as Coolroom Panel Solutions for commercial and industrial properties. Most of his work comes from word-of-mouth recommendations as Dervish is approachable, takes pride in his work, and is dedicated to meeting customer expectations. His old-fashioned, customer-centric, passionate Italian approach to work has inspired many of his customers to start new renovation projects, as he is always happy to spend extra time sitting with them, discussing their concerns and problems.
Dervish is someone who values the importance of starting a DIY project to promote mental well-being and relaxation. He finds joy in taking on projects that challenge him and help him learn new skills. Currently, he is undertaking a personal project – renovating a campervan – that will allow him and his family to explore the beauty of this country.
Dervish is a proud dad of two playful cats and an energetic puppy, as well as a devoted supporter of the AWL in Adelaide. He takes great joy in assisting fellow pet owners by offering solutions to enhance their pets’ well-being, including pet-proofing their homes and creating stimulating environments to minimise destructive behaviour.
I can help you with:
- DIY projects, including garden shed assembly.
- Fixing squeaky door handles and locks.
- Upgrading household fixtures, such as replacing kitchen cabinet doors or adjusting hinges and runners.
- Fence and gate installation and repair.
- Repairing or replacing damaged wood or other materials.
- Advice on updating and cleaning up garden and outside areas, as well as trim trees and shrubs, seasonal gardening and seed propagation.
- Home project estimation and advice, including cost-effective upgrade ideas and energy savings.
- Adding a new backsplash or tiles in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Installing a new playground or swing set.
- Concrete repair.
- Drywall installation and repair.
- Guidance on silicone sealing techniques to achieve a smooth finish when filling gaps.
- Upgrading campervans and trailers.
- Problem-solving for DIY home project challenges, including brainstorming and advice on non-structural demolitions.
- Advice on building custom cat runs, houses, and enclosures, as well as animal enclosure positioning, design, and materials options.
Do it once, do it right!