Founder at Steele Home Improvements
How it works
- Founder at Steele Home Improvements
- Qualified Cabinetmaker
- DIY enthusiast
Hello! I am Eden – a qualified Cabinetmaker and Owner of Steele Home Improvements. I enjoy working with customers to maximise the space in their homes, creating functional and stylish outcomes. Kitchen, laundries, home storage solutions and cabinetry are my areas of speciality. I also work with business clients who require shopfitting services to maximise their business premises.
The combination of business and hands-on work has also been an exciting proposition. Growing up in a household with strong DIY skill sets, I have had many opportunities to learn and see DIY firsthand. At school, tech subjects were my favourites, especially woodwork and metalwork. A stint of work experience in high school inspired me to start an apprenticeship in plumbing. I eventually transitioned to a four-year Cabinetry apprenticeship in a local business, where I gained a significant breadth of knowledge on both business operations and end-to-end cabinetry.
I have always been interested in working with people, learning, sharing knowledge and problem-solving! I love working with customers to understand their actual needs. Not to sell a solution but to understand needs and work on a customised solution that addresses these needs.
Friends will often call me for advice on where to source cabinetry items, for specific product advice (decoding jargon) and to discuss their laundry, kitchen and storage reno plans. I happily extend this ‘phone a friend’ option to you via ShowMe Exchange.
I can help you with:
- Design and key kitchen planning considerations – for example, positioning of items and benefits of the different kitchens (L-shape, U-shape, workflow, efficiency, space-saving, practical)
- Advice on where to start when drawing out a basic kitchen layout
- Kitchen splashback advice – glass, acrylic and tile options
- End-to-end advice and guidance for kitchen, laundry and cabinetry projects
- Basic sink and tap installation advice
- Kitchen door replacement
- Counter benchtop options
- How to problem-solve waste pipe positioning
- Cost-effective upgrade ideas
- Hinge and runner adjustment
- Storage solutions
- Assistance with flat pack kitchen installation – understand plans, process and setting up workflows
- Advice on general DIY around the home
- Silicon sealing – gap-filling advice and guidance to get an excellent finish by doing this properly!
You can usually only ever choose two of three outcomes… cheap, fast or good quality. Take your pick!
- Fast and cheap = bad quality
- Fast and good quality = not cheap
- Cheap and good quality = not fast