- Founder of Finding Frankie Furniture
- Furniture artist and restorer
Hello! I am Emily
I am the Founder of Finding Frankie Furniture – a South Australian creative business giving new life to preloved furniture. I create unique furniture items with a splash of colour, chic, calm, class and creativity – whatever the situation calls for!
How it works
My journey into furniture artistry and business coincided with my motherhood journey. Before this, I was in healthcare and childcare until I unexpectedly had some health challenges, which saw me spending a considerable amount of time bedridden. Here started my journey and a deep inspiration for learning all about furniture restoration, upcycling and the endless creative opportunities that exist, despite the odds.
My first major restoration was a sizeable green buffet that looked completely beyond repair… the TLC made all the difference – the transformation was thrilling, and I was hooked! I started Finding Frankie Furniture, posting my journey on social media and sharing the furniture transformations. I am now part of an extensive global restoration community that is endlessly inspiring!
The biggest lesson I have learned is that almost anything is possible! It takes time, but learning new skills and having an openness to learning and growth is very rewarding.
I love working with others and sharing knowledge. If you have a furniture project in mind, perhaps a special piece for you home, or a gift for a loved one, reach out!
I can help you with:
- Project ideation
- Preparing pieces for restoration
- Colour and design choices
- Guidance on repairing furniture
- Assisting with choosing products
- Basic alterations – removing or adding items
- Add beads or fluting to a piece of furniture
- Pros and cons of different techniques
- Sourcing furniture
- Staging – décor considerations
- Room styling – themed rooms and speciality rooms (I.e. nursery)
- Do you need a project pal? I can work with you on a regular schedule to help your project come to life – from idea to completed product!
Preparation is key!