Owner/Operator at Above The Gutter (ATG)
How it works
- Owner/Operator at Above The Gutter (ATG)
- Qualified 1st class welder/vehicle body builder
- Qualified Painter and Decorator
Hi there, I am Shane, the Owner and Operator at ‘Above The Gutter’. We specialise in roof restoration, roof and gutter repairs, bird proofing, gutter cleaning, and internal and external painting.
I have always had a knack for problem-solving and fixing things! My interest in trades started back when I was helping out with odd jobs at age 12. This interest led me to undertake a welding apprenticeship and get accreditation as 1st class welder/vehicle body builder.
After spending over a decade welding, I was interested in learning a new skill and gaining experience in property maintenance and painting. I am now a qualified painter and decorator and have worked across residential and commercial jobs, including internal and external painting and swimming pool resurfacing.
When the opportunity arose to open my own business, ‘Above the Gutter’, we saw a strong demand in the market, not just for roof restoration but also connected jobs (like bird proofing, gutter repairs and maintenance). Homes can take a lot of time, energy and cost to maintain, so we proactively work with customers to keep on top of these jobs before issues arise.
People in my network typically call me to get advice on their painting and renovation projects, such as planning, surface preparation, product advice, and trade tricks! You are welcome to contact me, too, for a ShowMe session.
I can help you with:
- Renovation planning
- DIY painting projects – helping you to plan and prep correctly
- Painting product and equipment advice – helping you to consider the pros and cons of different product options (budget/quality considerations)
- Surface preparation and pressure cleaning
- Tips and tricks for mold removal
- Hole and patch repairs – particularly patching gyprock and damaged doors
- General home maintenance, including door locks, door handles and jammed windows
- Pool resurfacing advice
- General roofing and gutter advice
You do it once if you do it right!